Click here to see James M. Campbell's books on Amazon.com

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Timing is Everything Edition: When America’s Next Top Models Attack

On the heels of last night's finale of The CW's America's Next Top Model, the show's limited appeal massive success was overshadowed by former supermodel Paulina Porizkova. Her revelation that she was fired from the show was ridiculously well-timed suspicious in the way it coincided with the conclusion of Cycle Twelve.

Telling the Late Late Show's Craig Ferguson that she was fired on her birthday, Porizkova waxed about how the producers wanted to 'cut the fat,' which doesn't make any sense to me, because I think Porizkova looks just super. (Okay, I know what she meant by 'cut the fat' but I couldn't resist) More telling was when she went on to state that the show's producers felt that she has a massive ego, which I find humorous, and I'll tell you why. The show's Executive Producer and creator is none other than super massive ego former supermodel Tyra Banks.

Anyone who's seen the show can't help but feel that the show really isn't about the young hopefuls who starve themselves compete for a guaranteed contract with Elite Model Management and a gig with CoverGirl Cosmetics. 'Ty-ra! Ty-ra! Ty-ra!' the show's opening sequence seems to cheer, like she hired a high school cheerleading squad to follow her around. Gratuitous shots of her strutting around like she's still a supermodel and not merely a successful talk show host and television producer. If I had to guess, I'd say that she loves money almost as much as she loves herself misses it and this is her way of getting those glory days back.

Not that I feel badly for Paulina Porizkova. I'm sure she'll land on her feet somewhere. And no, I'm not surprised that two former supermodels are going head-to-head like Saturday night at WWE Smackdown XLVII. But I had to chuckle when I heard that Paulina was told she has a big ego. OWWW.

'HELLO? POT HERE! KETTLE, YOU'RE BLACK.'

Oh yeah, Teyona Anderson is America's Next Top Model. Big deal. It's just another reason to pick up a copy of Seventeen, which I stopped buying because Christina didn't appreciate it when I left them on top of the toilet never read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here